Thursday, August 7, 2014

2nd week (sent July 16, 2014)

AHH! I spent a lot of time reading letters since I had zero time to last p day. I really regretted it so I read a lot this week. There's a lot of dumb rules in the MTC, one of them being that I can't print of letter and read them through out the week so I just have to balance my time of reading and writing. Also I was trying to send pictures as fast as I could last week when I was being kicked off by the next group so I don't think they ever went through. I'll send those pics and some from this week today.

Since I don't have a ton of time left to write I'm going to try and compress all the stories, last week I wasn't even able to write everything I wanted! haha but I don't have my folder with me so I don't remember what they were, oh well they weren't that important, I sent all the important stories!

Anyway, I went to immigration again this week, this time it was for actual paper work. Then I went to Interpol the next day. It was super great to get out of the MTC a lot. I love the MTC but its a relief to have a breather. You'll never guess what happened while we were there, We saw our new mission President of Chiclayo! I didn't have my camera with me or I would have taken a picture with him. When I'm actually in the field I take a picture with them.

I got to go to the temple again; this definitely makes P-day the highlight of the week (the temple, that wasn't very clear in the sentence). I understood so much more! last week I only knew what was going on but this week I actually understood some of it. Nowhere close to all of it but I knew bits and parts. Last week I got a set of nice leather scriptures, but they weren't the ones with tabs. I brought them again this week to exchange them. Boy I'm never returning things again, I couldn't talk to the person in Spanish so I didn't get the right amount of money back! I'm out like 50 soles (which is like 10-20 US dollars), it was so confusing. Oh well, if I can work on my Spanish enough by next week I'll try and explain what happened, its the distribution center on church property so hopefully they'll help me out. That's not the full story, but the full story is a lot more stressful so I'll just tell you this one so I don't get stressed! haha. I will say that me and my companion

had to chase the bus (only a few yards but we still had to chase it) and yell so it didn't drive away with the group going back to the MTC. We got on but it was intense.

Also, last Saturday we went proselyting (I don't know if that is how you spell it but oh well) It was amazing. I feel like I forgot Spanish for three hours, since I had no idea what anyone was saying. Luckily we had one of th MTC teachers with us so he did most of the teaching. At one point in one of the lessons, this lady (who was apparently a less active member, but we found out she basically joined another church) started singing. I was thinking to my self, what led up in the lesson to get to this point! haha. Everyone that we taught were mostly just less active members except for when they weren't home or when someone said "they weren't home".

Well I don't know if the timer at the top of the screen actually kicks me out when it reaches zero but i don't want to take any chances. I'm going to send my letter now and keep going if I don't get kicked out ill keep writing and send you pictures! I've heard it both ways so we'll see!

-Love Elder Goff

Good news! I was struggling with the last few seconds and it didn't kick me out! haha thank goodness or you guess probably wouldn't have gotten a letter!

Anyways those are the highlights of this week. I pretty sure Nathan Whitlock is here so when I actually see him I'll take a picture with him. I haven't had a chance yet.

well ill send you pictures now real quick since I'm out of time

-Love Elder Goff (for real this time, haha)

PS I don't know if my letter makes sense since I didn't read over, since I'm out of time! just pretend it does. haha, also I don't think I brought the list of emails with me so can someone send a picture of if it to me; I'll email them next week but for this week (and last week if you didn't already) can you forward it to the usual list.




No comments:

Post a Comment