Monday, August 25, 2014

Peru is the best

The beginning of this week and the end of this week are complete opposites!
But before I get into that I want to tell you something a little more funny. Haha, I was going to say this last week but I forgot. Anyways, the kids, most of the Latinos can't get over how big I am haha. One of the little Kids of the family we're visiting called me the incredible Hulk. Last week one of the Hermanas in the Primary presidency, I guess, though I was one of the guys in the Olympics that throws the big bars above their head, I heard that one indirectly, haha. I don't say that to make my self sound huge, its just what the Peruvians think of me, I am not saying I am as strong as an Olympian or as the Hulk, haha.

But as for this week, It was amazing. At the beginning of the week all our lessons were falling through and no one would let us in. Then at the end of the week, we have two investigators with a baptismal date!!!! I didn't talk about all the people last week, so I'll try and tell you about most of them this week. Anyways, the two with the Baptismal date are brother and Sister; their names are Kiara (the sister) and Estefano (the brother). Kiarra is 13 and Estafano is 9, I believe. They have a grandma that is a member and they have been going to church for a long time but they finally have permission from their parents to be baptised. Me and my companion were so excited, we've only had one lesson with them but they both accepted the invitation to be baptized. It's going to be really hard for them so pray for them and the support of their dad. My companion told me the area that I'm in, Los Incas in the zone Chiclay Peru, hasn't had a baptism since June. That's before my mission even started, so It's really exciting that two people committed to baptism. Also one of the investigators we recently found is named Christina. She came to church last week since she was invited by one of her friends and we have been trying to get a hold of her all week but she wasn't answering at all.
Finally on Saturday in the morning when we passed by we randomly knocked on the door, fully not expecting her to answer, and all of sudden she opened and invited us in! We talked with her a little bit about the church and we asked her to say the closing prayer. She started crying during her prayer and I couldn't help but smile, her prayer was so sweet. My companion told me when we left (haha, since I still don't really understand anyone yet)  that she told us after her closing prayer that she had said a prayer that morning for a way to come closer to God, and then a little latter me and my companion came and knocked on her door! Holy cow, Heavenly Father definitely uses us as tools in his hands if we follow the spirit! She came to church again and was really happy. That's basically all my time I have to tell you about my investigators.

Thanks for all your support and prayers, I am praying for all of you. Love you

Elder Goff

PS I dont have my camera with me so I'll send pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment